Surely, we are not the only ones who feel super REGAL when eating Eggs Benedict? Something about the delicately poached eggs coated in a savory hollandaise atop some Canadian bacon we know must be served in a palace ? Royalty or not, Eggs Benedict is DELICIOUS and we’re it making all the time with this recipe!
2 tomato slices
2 poached eggs
2 slices Canadian Bacon, cooked
6-8 Fresh Spinach Leaves
2 Avocado slices
Hollandaise Sauce (Recipe below)
1. Fill skillet with approximately 2” of water and add 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
2. Crack egg into ladle or small bowl.
3. When water starts to boil, reduce heat and gently transfer egg into simmering water.
a. *Optional Whirlpool Method: stir boiling water in a circular direction forming a “whirlpool”. Drop egg in center of whirlpool to help fanning out of egg white.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes occasionally spooning water over egg, until egg whites are firm to touch
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to dry.
4 egg yolks
½ cup melted butter
1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp red pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1. Whisk together egg yolks and lemon juice in sauce pan until thickened.
2. Set the pan on stove top over low heat and continue to whisk.
a. Note: You want yolk mixture to thicken not scramble. If you notice tiny pieces of scrambled egg beginning to form, remove saucepan from heat and place in cold water.
3. Make sure to whisk the bottom and sides of pan where mixture will easily over cook.
4. Eggs will become frothy and double in volume.
5. Slowly add the melted butter until sauce has thickened to desired consistency.
6. Whisk in salt and red pepper.
Putting it all together!
1. Top tomato slice with Canadian bacon, spinach, and egg.
2. Cover with hollandaise sauce
3. Garnish with avocado slice
4. Put your crown on and enjoy this regal meal!
Share the love of this dish by pinning to your Pinterest! Think you’ve got the SKILLZ to recreate this meal? Snap a picture of your finished dish, post to Instagram or Facebook, and tag us @justpruvit #ketocooking!