Of all things good and pure, grilled cheese is at the top of our list! We know the OG grilled cheese isn’t Keto-friendly, which is why we put our spin on it with cauliflower “bread”!! Any excuse to sandwich savory melty cheese between two pieces of “bread”, am I right?
3 cups of cauliflower rice
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 slices of your favorite cheese
To make you own Cauliflower Rice
1. Starting with 1 medium sized cauliflower head
2. Cut florets off cauliflower stems.
3. Place florets in food processor and pulse on high until rice like consistency forms.
4. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a grater. To make Cauliflower Bread
1. Place 3 cups of cauliflower rice in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 7 minutes.
2. Once cooled, place cauliflower in a cheese cloth (can substitute heavy duty paper towel) and squeeze out excess liquid.
3. Return to bowl and mix in egg and cheese
4. Season with salt and pepper (add a tablespoon of fresh chopped herbs like rosemary or parsley for more flavor!)
5. Form dough into bread slices about 1/3” thick.
6. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 450 for 15-18 minutes.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes and remove with spatula. To make the Grilled Cheese
1. In a large skillet melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until butter starts to sizzle.
2. Place one piece of bread in butter and top with cheese slices.
3. Cover the skillet with a lid until cheese is almost melted, 2-3 minutes.
4. Top the sandwich with the other piece of bread and flip the sandwich over.
5. Cook until golden brown 1-2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and enjoy!
Optional: Add cooked Bacon or favorite deli meat with cheese slices.
Share this recipe to Pinterest and spread of the LOVE for the glory of grilled cheese. Feeling inspired to put your own spin on these? Snap a picture, post to Facebook or Instagram, and tag us @justpruvit, #KetoCooking